1. How to Use
Park and lock your bike
When you lock your bike outside a port location, the screen [Temporary Parking Mode（一時駐輪中）] will appear on the screen. The red flag on the map indicates the location of the temporarily parked bike.
Unlock and restart to move your temporarily parked bike
Scan the QR code on the app and unlock the bike.
You can check available ports for parking on map. Find an available port close to your destination.
Return your bike to the port and lock up, and end your ride.
Return your bike to the port, lock and end your ride. Please confirm the app your ride has been successfully ended.
2. Notes on Temporary Parking Mode
- Ride fees will be applied while temporarily parking a bike.
- Charichari is a port-to-port service. Please be sure to return your bike to the port when you finish the Charichari service.
- The maximum usage time is 24 hours, so please return your bike to the port within this usage time.
- Bike parked near toll parking lots, obstructing traffic, or in no-parking regulated zone may be moved by the land administrator or removed by the local government. Please do not park your bike outside the port for long periods of time, on private property, or in no-parking regulated zone
- If the local government removes your bike parked outside the port, you may be asked to pay operation-related charge, including bike collection costs.
- Even if you park your bike at the port, it may be system-judged to be outside the port due to a inaccuracy in location information, and the bike may be temporarily parked. After returning your bike to the port, please confirm on the app that the ride is finished and leave from the bike.
Q. What are the charges for temporary bike parking?
A. You will be charged the same ride fee per minute as usual.
- Basic ¥6 per minute
- Electric-Assist ¥15 per minute
Q. I parked my bike at the port, but the ride hasn’t been ended.
A. Depending on the communication status of your smartphone, surrounding buildings or the other reasons, the ride may not be reflected as a return to the port, and the bike may remain temporarily parked.
In this case, please report the end of the ride from "問題があった（There was a problem）" on the app.
- Tap "問題があった（There was a problem）" on the temporarily parked mode screen.
- Tap "ポートに停めた（I parked at a port）”.
- Select the "自転車を停めたポート（Port where you parked your bike）" on the map.
Q. Where can I find the button to start the bike temporarily parked?
A. There is no button to start temporary bike parking for both the app and the bike
If you lock the bike outside of the port, it will automatically become temporarily parking mode.
As with the end of a ride, you can simply lock the bike to start the temporarily parking mode.
Q. I forget which bike I was using.
A. On the map screen with temporarily parking mode, a red flag will appear where the bike you are using is located.
Tap the red flag icon to see the bike number (the 10-digit number below the QR code).
Q. What are the dotted lines on the map when a bike is temporarily parked?
A. The dotted line on the map of the temporary bike parking area indicates the route from your current location to the location where the bike is parked.
A red flag will appear at the location where the bike you are using is located, so please tap the red flag icon.
Q. My using bike has broken down during a ride.
A. If your bike chain comes off or you get a flat tire while using the bike, please return it to the nearest port and lock it up.
If there is no port nearby, please park the bike in a safe place and terminate the ride on the app.
Please let us know where you parked your bike via the “Submit a request” form so that we will collect the bike.
Q. I had an accident while riding.
A. If an accident occurs during your ride, please end the ride and report the details of the accident.
For more information on the accident, please contact us from the Accident Report page.
For details on insurance, please refer to our Safety and Security Efforts